Tuesday, December 25, 2012

In Which I Relax With My Family

Today was such a great day!  Not in a riding roller-coasters, dancing and drinking champagne kind-of way.  But in a chilling out with my family kind of way. 
Dalton (who is nine) is off staying with my Aunt, so the house is unusually calm and quiet, even with 3 other children present!  Lol!  I spent yesterday putting together lasagna, and my sister made cake and salad, and she and her Beloved Hub came this morning (we haven't seen each-other in quite some time) and played with babies, ate, and talked all day.  The babies warmed back up to her pretty quickly.  When it's been awhile it takes them a few minutes, but I swear they know her now and it doesn't take long for them to be all over her, begging for snuggles and attention.  She read them books, did "piggies," and all that good stuff babies like.  We watched them jump in Aila's crib for the longest time, they both use it like it's a trampoline.  We fed them and cleaned them up and all of us went to the park and took them for a walk and watched them play on the playground equipment.  We all jumped and dove and climbed and did whatever it took to save the two of them from breaking their little necks, which they seemed DETERMINED to do.  Weston kept trying to see what kind of noise he could make if he banged his head into the metal poles that held up the equipment, and Aila kept trying to walk off the steps at full speed.  There was a lot of gasping and grabbing and going "NO!" But with four adults all working together, they not only survived, they had a great time playing. 
We came back to the house and fed them a snack of bananas and cheese and juice, and then watched them run around the living room acting crazy, meowing at the cat, standing on their heads, etc...  Then Brenna my 16 yr old) got a sheet and played with the twins under it as if it were a tent.  They giggled their little heads off and it was quite adorable, if I do say so myself.  By the time my sister had to leave, they were worn out and ready for bed. 
Brenna and I watched a movie together that I had recorded and now it's time for me to head to bed myself.  Just really enjoyed my day with my hubby and my sister and my kids, and now I'm just missing the one who's gone to his Auntie's house!  I sure do love my crazy house full of youngins! It's crowded and messy and loud, but there's a lot of love in here. 

2 comments:

  1. That was the most fun I've had in a long time! It was such a RELAXED kind of day.

    The babies were generally content...except when you tried to put them to bed & Weston howled his head off...then when we (meaning "I") couldn't stand it any more, we got them up. Weston immediately begged to get in Aila's bed so they could be wild babies. The video is cute, but in person it was impossibly adorable. Aila's "jazz hands" was accompanied by one FOOT sticking out too...a TOTAL pose. She's 14 stinkin' months old!!! How does she know to pose like that??? And muscleman Weston slamming the crib to pieces and beating on the wall...good grief, what a macho boy! (Who happens to really love being snuggled and snuggling soft objects of all kinds...)

    Ah. Love my babies. Had a blast. Sometimes a little peaceful family day is the absolute best thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day you described. I can't think of anything that would have made it better - oh wait, maybe if the one who was missing was there too? I'm sure he had fun with his cousin at his Aunties house though. You are such a good Mommie - I love reading your blog. Makes me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete